JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2023 - January 31, 2024
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Locations: District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
London, UNITED KINGDOM
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Natural Language Processing, Understanding, and Generation
Big data, alternative data, data analytics, and visualization
Distributed ledgers and Blockchain
Cryptoassets and Central Bank Digital Currencies
Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
Pensions and retirement income systems
Active vs. passive investing
Investment products, asset classes, factors
Financial stability, systemic risk
Sustainability data, processes, and analytics
Climate change, human capital management, and other environmental, social, and governance issues
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Full Text of JOE Listing:
CFA Institute is the world’s largest association of investment management professionals. As a global, independent organization, with a community of more than 175,000 members, we lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
CFA Institute is looking to appoint Researchers for one-year terms to develop and conduct research with our thematic research agenda. We intend to hire Affiliates from academia and industry at graduate and post-graduate (Master's and levels.
The objective of the affiliate research program is to develop and publish research that:
1) Improves knowledge and understanding among investment practitioners, institutions, and policymakers in the respective fields of study.
2) Supports the development of industry best practices, regulation, and market integrity.
3) Supports talent development in the investment management ecosystem.
Affiliates will be tasked to develop research and will be supported with mentorship from the division. CFA Institute will own all intellectual property and publish the research. For those aspiring to publish in academic journals, the creation of derivative works will be permissible following the publication of the original work by CFA Institute. All projects must be completed through to publication within the 1-year term of appointment.
We welcome applicants with specific research interests in:
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing, Understanding, and Generation
- Big data, alternative data, data analytics, and visualization
- Distributed ledgers and Blockchain
- Cryptoassets and Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Pensions and retirement income systems
- Active vs. passive investing
- Investment products, asset classes, factors
- Financial stability, systemic risk
- Sustainability data, processes, and analytics
- Climate change, human capital management, and other environmental, social, and governance issues
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Opportunities exist in London, Washington, DC, and Hong Kong SAR, with a commitment to be in the applicable office at least two days per week.
The qualifications for this role include:
- Completion of a master’s or doctorate, with experience in Finance, Economics, Law, or a similar field, is a plus.
- CFA Candidate or charterholder a plus.
- Must have strong writing and analytical skills, capacity for synthesizing complex information, and establishing links between factors.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of additional languages would be useful.
- Self-starter who can work independently and is results driven.
- External Application Link