JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
University of Virginia
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy at the University of Virginia invites applications for multiple postdoctoral research positions. The school seeks candidates who have research interests related to the core mission of the school – to generate new knowledge to solve the world’s toughest public policy challenges and educate ethical and effective leaders prepared to lead in a diverse and divided world. Opportunities for postdoctoral researchers include mentorship, sponsorship, access to resources and research infrastructure, and opportunities to collaborate with faculty at a truly interdisciplinary school.
We seek candidates from a range of disciplines and welcome candidates who conduct research that has synergies with areas of current strength such as leadership and organizational behavior, stereotyping, prejudice, ethics, social equity, conflict management, development, education, environment, health, national security, social entrepreneurship, voting, and American institutions. We also welcome applications from candidates working on other topics in line with the mission of the Batten School. In addition, because diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at Batten, a demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and inclusion is also required.
See full details at
- Application Instructions Below
Apply online at
Search for requisition R0045905. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. Complete the application, and upload the following Required materials:
• 1‐page cover letter identifying 2‐3 potential Batten faculty mentors
• Curriculum vitae
• Research statement (max. 3 pages), including a broad introduction to your research, both past successes and future plans, as well as how your research agenda could integrate with current areas of study at the Batten School
• Teaching statement, describing prior teaching experience and/or teaching philosophy and courses you would like to teach
• Diversity statement (max. 2 pages), discussing your track record advancing equity and inclusion in previous positions and your plan for advancing equity and inclusion at UVA
• Contact information for three references (references will only be contacted for those who are short listed)
** Documents should be combined into fewer than five files.