JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
The University of Queensland
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
About This Opportunity
The primary function of this role is to support Experimental and Behavioural Economics research by Professor Daniel Zizzo while he holds the position of Academic Dean & Head of School, School of Economics. This is a fixed-term position up to 30 September 2023. While a full-time appointment is preferred, consideration may be given to make two part time appointments adding up to FTE = 1.0 in total. Candidates should state their willingness to work full-time or part-time in their cover letter.
- Designing, programming, organizing and conducting economic experiments.
- Engaging in statistical and econometric analysis.
- Drafting articles for publication in high-quality journals, and participating in the journal review process.
- Assisting in data curation and management processes.
- Helping with the preparation of grant applications.
- Incorporation of feedback from drafts and re-drafts of the research findings.
- Collection of additional data, where this is required as part of the journal review process.
- Supervision of research assistants as required.
- Perform a range of administrative functions around management of scope and budget for research projects.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected by your supervisor.
What We Can Offer
This is a full-time fixed-term position through to 30 September 2023 at Academic Level A or B. The full-time equivalent base salary for Academic Level A will be in the range AUD$87,006 - $96,530 plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range AUD$101,797 - $112,940 per annum. The full-time equivalent base salary for Academic Level B will be in the range AUD$101,533 - $120,570 plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range AUD$118,794 - $141,0671 per annum. The following flexible employment options may be available for this role: part-time/job share; some working from home; variable start or finish times; compressed hours; purchased leave;
To discuss this role please contact Professor Daniel Zizzo (d.zizzo@ .
For application queries, please contact recruitment@ stating the job reference number R-10017 in the subject line.
UQ Careers Portal
For more information, including a full job description, selection criteria and the selection process, please visit the listing on the UQ Careers portal:
8 May 2022
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
1. Cover letter addressing the ‘About You’ section
Please note that you will be asked to add all documents into the one upload box during the application form. To satisfy prerequisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels, including direct email, will not be accepted.