JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
University of Dundee
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Dundee, Scotland, UNITED KINGDOM
JEL Classification: Q4 -- Energy
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
We are seeking to make a new professorial appointment in the field of sustainable energy economics to enhance academic leadership of Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law & Policy’s (CEPMLP) suite of graduate programmes, mainly in its MSc and PhD; to contribute to its focus on sustainability, which has generated a significant increase in recruitment at postgraduate level; to make a major contribution to its research activity leading to REF, especially with respect to the inter-relationship between renewable energy and electricity markets; to champion CEPMLP’s growing profile in research and teaching on the Energy Transition and Sustainability, and to contribute to its expanding distance learning programme. The candidate would be expected to take a leading role in the global energy networks that CEPMLP has with international organisations such as the International Energy Agency, the World Bank, the African Development Bank, OPEC, and the International Bar Association.
The new professor would work closely with the Director and be ready to assume a leadership role in research and teaching central to CEPMLP’s success, to supervise MSc and PhD students as CEPMLP expands its cohort of graduate students, and to mentor junior colleagues. They would be a thought leader, capable of strategic thinking with the leadership qualities to extend the global reach of our teaching programmes and realise the full benefits of an international student body. Having extensive international experience and networks is desirable. We require an innovator who can lead change in line with CEPMLP Strategy, and with the University’s vision.
Summary of Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• A sustained record of effective leadership in research and teaching relating to your discipline;
• Lead successful bids for research/scholarship, consultancy and other additional funds;
• Appetite for international engagement in terms of teaching and / or research collaborations.
• A thorough understanding of Institutional management systems and the higher education sector, including equal opportunities issues;
• Experience of developing, launching, and managing pedagogically and financially successful
• programmes at undergraduate and post graduate levels
Strong track record of published research outputs in leading, high impact journals, books and/or book chapters
• Successful track record of research grant capture that contributes to knowledge exchange and impact.
• PhD or equivalent in Economics
• Clear evidence of excellence in University learning and teaching e.g., curriculum and module design and leadership, experience of assessing work and providing feedback to students.
• Experience of successful supervision of PhD research students.
• Experience of developing and implementing research strategies
• Willingness to travel abroad for recruitment and profile-raising events
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others.
• Ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
• Commitment to always act in accordance with and promote the University’s values.
• Experience of providing advice to external bodies
• Experience of leading curriculum review
• Experience in development and support of transnational educational programmes
• Experience of public engagement – nationally and internationally
• Ability to speak more than one language.
For further information or to apply for this post, please visit: www.dundee.ac.uk/jobs
The deadline for applications is midnight (UK time) on 10 April 2022.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena Swan and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
- External Application Link