JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
International Finance Corporation - IFC
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
• Develop a strategic knowledge portfolio in one or more areas of productivity and competition, trade and value chains, financial services, inclusion, and capital mobilization, climate and sustainability, and job creation and skills.
• Oversee production of economic research reports, articles, databases, and academic publications based on new analysis and data, providing strategic guidance and quality assurance.
• Oversee and shape communication strategy within thematic areas above.
• Draw on findings from economic research to inform IFC engagements and WBG policy work.
• Develop new global engagements and interface with academics, other International Financial Institutions, donors and external partners.
• PhD in Economics and 12+ years of relevant experience.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Ability to develop innovative approaches.
• Demonstrated track record of publishing high-impact economic reports and articles for external audiences.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
- External Application Link