JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: R0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Title: Pre/Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Department: McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
The Steers Center for Global Real Estate seeks a Research Fellow for a period of at least one year. Research Fellows work with faculty to collect data, maintain databases, conduct statistical analysis, and provide other support associated with faculty research. This role will work under Professors Matthew Cypher and Francesco D’Acunto assisting in research around policy-relevant topics in ESG, inclusion, discrimination in the context of real estate, finance, and economics.
The preferred start date is July 1, 2022, though other dates may be considered. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, but all applications submitted by March 15, 2022, will be given full consideration.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Supports ongoing research projects and faculty by gathering, compiling, processing, and manipulating data.
2. Obtains and organizes information for research from other academic institutions and practitioners.
3. Proofreads and edits citations of funded research reports, working papers, and publications.
4. Maintains effective communication with all members of the faculty and outside institutions.
Measures of Success:
1. Prompt, thorough, and independent carrying out of responsibilities.
2. Feedback from faculty, staff, and post-doctoral fellows.
1. Reports to Professors Cypher and D’Acunto
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. MA/MSc/MBA/MPh degree required by start date.
2. Possess a strong quantitative background and strong computer skills including programming.
3. At least one year of research experience required by start date; experience gained in school counts towards the requirement.
4. Relevant research experience preferred.
5. Familiarity with at least one mathematical and statistics software such as Stata, SAS and Matlab required.
6. Knowledge of research techniques or methods required.
7. Analytical and problem solving skills required.
8. Excellent and professional verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail, required.
9. Strong problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are required.
10. Ability to work well independently, as well as with others, and to meet deadlines under pressure is required.
11. Ability to seek out, coordinate, and appropriately disseminate information required.
12. Strong computer skills required, including solid Internet research ability.
13. A resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two references are required to be considered for this position.
About The McDonough School of Business
Located in Washington, D.C., Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business offers unparalleled access to the world’s business, policy and thought leaders as well as a collegial environment for professional development. The school, which attracts faculty and students from around the world, is committed to developing principled leaders capable of making complex business decisions in a global environment and who are dedicated to serving both business and society. The school’s undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, and specialized programs provide solid grounding in all the core management disciplines, with an emphasis on the global, ethical and political environment of business. Additional information regarding Georgetown University and the McDonough School of Business is available at and . The McDonough School of Business has an ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a fundamental aspect of the Georgetown community.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other categories protected by law.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below