JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: College Station, Texas, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
StataCorp is seeking a person with a good understanding of econometrics and experience in applied statistics and programming.
StataCorp’s econometricians are continually expanding the statistical features of Stata, so they perform a myriad of tasks, ranging from working with users and each other to identify features to be added, validating statistical methods, programming in Stata, Mata, or C, and writing documentation.
StataCorp is interested in statistics, as well as statistical software. In addition to developing and providing statistical tools for research professionals, our developers actively interact with the user community. It is a chance to learn and to contribute, be it through international and local Stata conferences, onsite courses, webinars, blog posts, or Statalist.
- Working with a team of statisticians, econometricians, and programmers on all aspects of the design and use of Stata
- Identifying statistical procedures that should be incorporated into Stata
- Implementing those procedures in Stata, Mata, or C
- Writing technical documentation and manuals
- Continually broadening and updating of knowledge on statistical theory and empirical practice
- Communicating with users via Statalist, international Stata conferences, blog posts, webinars, courses, and articles in the Stata Journal
- Cover letter with application packet
- Knowledge of statistical theory and econometrics
- Experience in empirical practice
- Programming experience in Stata, Mata, C, or related programming languages
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write and speak fluently in English
- A PhD or equivalent knowledge and job experience in statistics, economics, or another science-related field
Note that the candidate should be knowledgeable in one or more applied fields of statistics and be willing to broaden that knowledge. Stata is a general-purpose statistical package used by researchers of all disciplines. Senior development people are expected to work in multiple fields, including fields outside their specialty.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. StataCorp is a rapidly growing company, and this position has significant potential for growth in responsibility and compensation upon proven performance. StataCorp offers an excellent benefits package. Employees work only 4 weekdays, enjoying a great work-life balance.
StataCorp LLC is an Affirmative Action Employer — Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below