JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
DevTech Systems, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Arlington, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Location: Arlington, VA
Supervisor: Senior Advisor
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with more than 37 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy-making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis; Monitoring and Evaluation; Education, Gender and Youth; and Public Financial Management.
The Senior Evaluator will lead the design and management of monitoring and evaluation projects, including effective client engagement, team management, development of data collection strategies and tools; data collection, analysis and interpretation, preparation of high-quality evaluation products, and effective communication/dialogue with clients on findings and recommendations for evaluation use. The incumbent will work to determine the merit, worth, value and significance of activities.
• Provide monitoring/evaluation and subject matter expertise.
• Design survey instruments to use for evaluations.
• Conduct a wide variety of evaluation assessments.
• Analyze data collected as part of evaluations and develop reports, including recommendations.
• Prepare reports detailing assessment methods, observations, and recommendations.
• Support DevTech’s business development, by contributing to proposals’ technical approach.
• Other related tasks.
• Master’s degree required with eight years of relevant professional experience; Ph.D. preferred.
• 10 years' experience in evaluation and performance management of projects; research methods; and/or project design.
• Proven experience conducting analyses of quantitative and qualitative data using the most up-to-date analysis techniques and relevant analytic software packages.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and program management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Candidates must be local/willing to locate to Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
- External Application Link