JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
DevTech Systems, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Arlington, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Location: Arlington, VA (Rosslyn)
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with more than 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy-making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis; Monitoring and Evaluation; Education, Gender and Youth; and Public Financial Management.
The Economist will be responsible for supporting the modeling for macroeconomic forecasting of key macroeconomic variables, including economic growth, inflation, public debt, capital flows, migration, among others. This requires coding, managing the programs, and suggesting econometric estimations for the different forecasting exercises. In addition, support macroeconomic analysis of the different economies, the sizing of fiscal policies and structural reforms for construction of macroeconomic scenarios (including long term prospects). This includes literature review to document relevant experiences, estimation of key parameters and simulations of macroeconomic scenarios.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Economist will be expected to deliver under tight and frequent deadlines in a fast-paced environment and have excellent analytical and writing skills to contribute to its main tasks and product lines.
• High-quality research on topical issues that are of immediate concern to policymakers in emerging market and developing economies.
• Macroeconomic and financial surveillance, including forecasting and analysis of global economic trends and their impacts on emerging market and developing economies.
• Preparation of technical notes, policy working papers, and economic briefs for senior management on issues that affect DevTech operations.
• Development and improvement of tools for global macroeconomic analysis.
• Support DevTech’s business development, by providing economic analysis to support proposals’ technical approach.
• Support the Senior Advisor in the project management of DevTech contracts, particularly on tasks related to technical economic content.
• Master’s degree required with eight years of relevant professional experience; Ph.D. in Economics, Public Policy, International Development, Finance, or closely related field, preferred.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills in one or more of the following fields: macroeconomics, finance, trade, commodity markets, econometrics.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Candidates must be local/willing to locate to Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US, without sponsorship.
- External Application Link