JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Korea Labor Institute
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Sejong-si, KOREA, REPUBLIC OF
A1 -- General Economics
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
D -- Microeconomics
E2 -- Consumption, Saving, Production, Investment, Labor Markets, and Informal Economy
E6 -- Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
M5 -- Personnel Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
As a government-funded research institute affiliated with the Prime Minister’s Secretariat, the Korea Labor Institute contributes to employment and labor policy development and greater public awareness of labor through systematic research and analysis of labor issues in Korea. The KLI seeks Research Fellows to perform a crucial role in the research on Korea's labor market, industrial relations, and social policy. All qualified and committed individuals are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants must hold a doctorate degree in the relevant recruitment field, or must hold and complete a doctorate degree in the relevant recruitment field by the end of August 2022. The position also requires fluency in Korean.
The interview (recruitment stage 2) and thesis presentation (recruitment stage 3) will be conducted on-site. However, applicants who are overseas residents or under COVID-19 quarantine may present online (virtually).
- Application Instructions Below
1. Attach on KLI’s online recruitment system (
- Evidentiary documents for qualifications (doctorate degree certificate, certificate of expected graduation, etc.),
- Curriculum vitae (excluding gender, name of the university, and date of birth),
- Job market paper (excluding name of the university),
- Abstract of dissertation (3 pages or less),
- Research statement, and
- Thesis and materials for presentation (in PPT or PDF format)
2. Send two or more letters of recommendation directly from the referee to kimpy@ .
- For more information, email: kimpy@
- For more information, phone: +82-44-287-6045