JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Seattle, Washington, UNITED STATES
Arlington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
D -- Microeconomics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
L -- Industrial Organization
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Amazon’s economists work on a variety of problems from business units throughout the company – ranging from Amazon Web Services, Inventory Planning, Kindle, Prime, Labor and Employment planning and policy, Effective Benefits (health, retirement, etc.), Upskilling Education, Future of Work, and beyond. Economists apply approaches from a variety of skillsets – applied macro/time series, applied micro, econometric theory, empirical IO, empirical health, labor, public economics and related fields are all highly valued skillsets at Amazon. Economists at Amazon partner closely with VP Chief Economists - Igal Hendel, Justine Hastings, Matt Taddy, Pat Bajari, and Phil Leslie. Our economists also work with Amazon Scholars such as Allan Timmermann (UC San Diego), Ben Handel (UC Berkeley), David Card (UC Berkeley), Eric Zivot (University of Washington), Florian Zettelmeyer (Northwestern), Han Hong (Stanford), Thomas Lemieux (UBC), Victor Chernozhukov (MIT), and Will Dobbie (Harvard), as well as consulting economists Ali Hortacsu, Guido Imbens, and Kai-Uwe Kuhn. You can learn more about Economics at Amazon here:
· PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Finance, or closely related field.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Reference