JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
C8 -- Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
J0 -- General
J2 -- Demand and Supply of Labor
J3 -- Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Revelio Labs provides workforce intelligence. We absorb and standardize hundreds of millions of public employment records to create the world’s first universal HR database, allowing us to see current workforce composition and trends of any company. Our customers include investors, corporate strategists, HR teams, academics, and governments. We are working on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge data science problems. Our startup is small and growing quickly, with enormous potential for growth.
We are looking for an applied Economist to join the Economics team. The Economics team at Revelio Labs is charged with many exciting tasks: Analyzing and deriving insights from our data, writing our weekly newsletter, collaborating on large-scale research projects with academics, working on internal models, and working with our clients to deliver custom insights. The Economics Team faces both externally and internally, and builds a bridge between data science, engineering, sales, and business development.
As the ideal candidate, you have experience doing empirical research on large microlevel data and know your way around loading, cleaning, analyzing and visualizing data. You are interested in labor market trends, business analytics and human resources. You have a knack for data journalism: asking the right questions, telling an interesting story with data, and effectively communicating nuanced ideas is second nature to you.
- You will contribute to writing the weekly newsletter. This includes coming up with interesting questions, analyzing, and interpreting our data, visualizing the key insights, and telling the story.
- You will be part of the modelling team, charged with internal data modelling. You will be running complex machine learning and NLP models, to help improve our product.
- You will interact with clients and deliver custom-made insights from our data to them.
- You will interact with journalists who are interested in our data and stories.
- You will contribute to large-scale academic research projects with academic collaborators.
- You will be representing the company at conferences and conventions and provide thought leadership on workforce intelligence topics.
Qualifications and Skills
- PhD in Economics or closely related field
- Experience in applied economic research, business journalism, or data analysis capacity is preferred.
- Python (pandas, numpy, matplotlib, Plotly)
- Application Instructions Below