JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Institute for Justice
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Arlington, Virginia, UNITED STATES
Tempe, Arizona, UNITED STATES
Seattle, Washington, UNITED STATES
Minneapolis, Minnesota, UNITED STATES
Miami, Florida, UNITED STATES
Austin, Texas, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: K3 -- Other Substantive Areas of Law
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Do you want to use your research skills to advance individual rights? This is what the Institute for Justice’s Strategic Research team does every day, creating data-driven research used by journalists, lawmakers, advocates, and courts to bring light to government abuse and achieve reform. We seek entrepreneurial researchers to join our team in leadership roles. Title is negotiable to reflect research and managerial skills and experience.
• Developing and executing research plans on cutting-edge topics, such as civil forfeiture, occupational licensing, qualified immunity, zoning/housing, and 4th Amendment rights.
• Managing and mentoring junior researchers to maintain high standards of accuracy, methodological rigor, and integrity.
• Ensuring research findings reach key audiences, such as journalists and lawmakers, to bring important issues to prominence and create policy change.
• Passion for policy research and IJ’s mission of championing property rights, economic liberty, free speech, and educational choice.
• Ph.D. in social sciences or statistics with an emphasis on research methods, applied statistics, or applied economics; or master’s degree in applied statistics or applied economics with three years’ experience.
• Experience conducting policy research.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For more about this position and working at IJ:
- External Application Link