JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Basel, Basel-Stadt, SWITZERLAND
G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
E5 -- Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
E6 -- Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
Status Update: Deadline Passed
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The PhD Fellowship Programme at the Bank for International Settlements gives you the opportunity to contribute to BIS economic research and analysis, working with experienced economists and research analysts in a unique environment in Basel, Switzerland.
BIS research draws strength from our unique position as a platform for international cooperation to promote monetary and financial stability, leveraging our close contacts with the central banking and financial supervisory community. This programme helps you acquire practical experience in supporting central banks and other financial authorities through policy-oriented research.
Our modest size makes it easy to collaborate and exchange ideas with colleagues in different units and managers at different levels. You will enjoy exposure to ideas and projects beyond your immediate speciality and will play a valuable part in supporting the central bank community.
Duration: between three and 11 months
Start date: flexible
What you can expect
- Contributing to BIS research on topical issues in economics and finance
- Working in a highly stimulating, international environment providing exposure to a wide range of topics
- Embedding in the Monetary and Economic Department with regular access to staff and first-hand insight into BIS research and policy work
- Access to BIS research activities, including to seminar series and to visiting research fellows from leading academic institutions
What we look for
- Enrolment in a PhD programme in economics, finance or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of financial and monetary economics, with specialisation in topics relevant to the BIS research agenda
- Experience in conducting research in relevant fields
- Ability to apply tools used in economic analysis to a range of topics
What we offer
- A contract for a period between three months and up to 11 months
- A competitive net of tax salary
- Health insurance coverage
- Travel and relocation assistance
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below