JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey, UNITED STATES
C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
I3 -- Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
racial and economic disparities
political institutions and processes
public policy theory
policy analytical methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Bloustein School seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member at the assistant professor level with a specialty in public policy. We are particularly interested in scholars in the areas of public finance, policies impacting racial and economic disparities, and political institutions and processes. Will teach in the NASPAA-accredited Master of Public Policy program and related graduate and undergraduate programs at the school in the area(s) of public policy theory, public economics, or policy analytical methods.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a PhD in Public Policy, Political Science, Economics or a related discipline; focus on applying a racial equity and social justice lens is highly desirable.
• Be clearly establishing a research profile of refereed research in high-impact journals and through conference presentations.
• Demonstrate willingness/ability to secure peer-reviewed external grant funds and ability to be a team leader on funded research supporting and supervising doctoral students and postdoctoral associates.
• Demonstrate interest, skills and hands-on experience with inclusive and active teaching practices.
• Demonstrated ability to network with external stakeholders and to communicate with the public via social media and other sources.
The Bloustein School values interdisciplinary scholars. Applicants must have a doctorate degree by May 31, 2022.
- External Application Link