JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
University of Massachusetts Boston
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Assistant Professor (Economics)
The Economics Department at UMass Boston invites applications for a tenure track assistant
professor position, interested in Gender, Race, and/or Poverty, beginning 9/1/22.
• Evidence: Progress towards an excellent scholarly record
• Successful teaching record
• Capacity to contribute to undergraduate general education, economics major/graduate instruction
• Evidence: Successful teaching with diverse students/international students
• Ph.D. by no later than 8/31/22
Application review begins 11/15/21. Preliminary interviews: at the ASSA meetings in Boston in 1/22.
• Letter of application and explanation of how your work complements Department-wide heterodoxy
• Sample: Completed, published/in progress work (articles/book chapters)
• Teaching effectiveness evidence
• 3 references
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other legally protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- External Application Link