JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
World Justice Project
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
JEL Classification: K0 -- General
Rule of Law
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The World Justice Project is seeking a Senior Researcher to contribute to its civil justice research, focusing on technology-based justice services. The Senior Researcher will report to the Director for Access to Justice Research and conduct landscape assessments, develop analytical frameworks, and organize external consultations. The position is a full-time consultancy. WJP is seeking candidates based in Mexico City but will consider candidates in other locations.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage research and analysis on access to justice and technology, including coordinating literature reviews, consultations, and peer review processes.
• Contribute to research and proposal writing required to develop new lines of global research on access to justice and other relevant themes such as technology, environment, migration, and poverty.
• Provide research, writing, and logistical expertise for WJP’s participation in inter-organizational research initiatives pertaining to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), access to justice, and environmental governance.
• Support the data analysis, writing, design, and production of other research products as needed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience researching topics of governance, civil justice, and the rule of law.
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
• PhD (preferred) or master’s degree in International Affairs, Economics, Political Science, or another relevant field.
• Programmatic work will be conducted in English, and English fluency is required. For candidates based in Mexico City, Spanish fluency is also required.
• Superior research skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
• Skills in Excel and Stata are preferred; other software skills are a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and interact with staff at all levels.
• Ability to be flexible, work independently, and collaborate with team members.
• Excellent problem-solving, communication, and decision-making skills.
• Commitment to WJP’s mission and principles.
The World Justice Project is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. To apply, go to . Please submit one PDF file containing:
• Cover letter
• Writing sample (5 pages max)
• Contact information for 3 professional references
All materials should be submitted in English. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls please.
- External Application Link