JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
UTokyo Economic Consulting Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
C0 -- General
D0 -- General
J0 -- General
L0 -- General
M0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
UTokyo Economic Consulting Inc. (UTEcon) is looking for economists with the growth of its business. UTEcon was founded in August 2020 with close ties with the Graduate school of Economics, the University of Tokyo.
UTEcon offers a wide range of economic consulting services to companies, governments, and law firms taking advantage of the expertise of the faculty members of the University of Tokyo and those of the firm’s own experts. Our services include pricing, policy evaluation, machine-learning based prediction of bankruptcy and accounting fraud, market design, antitrust-related analysis, nowcasting, and quantitative and behavioral marketing.
Economists will have an opportunity to work on various economic problems with top-notch researchers in a startup environment, and will play a central role in managing projects.
UTEcon web site is at https://www.utecon.net/. For questions, contact us at email@example.com.
• Formulate economic arguments and develop analysis strategies
• Generate reports, proposals, presentation materials
• Coordinate the timeline, the work product, and the team members
• A Ph.D. in Economics with expertise in industrial organization, econometrics, applied microeconomics, or labor economics
• Business-level fluency in Japanese
• Passion for applying academic insights and tools to solve real-world problems
- Letters of Reference
- Research Papers
- Job Market Paper
- Cover Letter