JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
NERA Economic Consulting
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
New York, New York, UNITED STATES
00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
D -- Microeconomics
G -- Financial Economics
K -- Law and Economics
L -- Industrial Organization
O -- Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
Full Text of JOE Listing:
NERA Economic Consulting is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For over half a century, NERA's economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real-world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation.
NERA’s clients value our ability to apply and communicate state-of-the-art approaches clearly and convincingly, our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, and our reputation for quality and independence. Our clients rely on the integrity and skills of our unparalleled team of economists and other experts backed by the resources and reliability of one of the world’s largest economic consultancies. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Consultants at NERA will have the opportunity to:
• Apply the technical skills and knowledge gained during their graduate studies
• Conduct high-powered economic research across a wide variety of industries
• Develop economic and financial models to answer critical business questions
• Perform cutting-edge economic analysis on complex real-life issues
• Write research reports and client presentations for senior staff and clients to help them make informed economic decisions
• Influence/direct project strategy, including the preparation and presentation of oral and written testimony
• Collaborate with in-house experts and outside academics
• Manage client relationships
• Develop and strengthen both project and people management skills
We are seeking candidates with PhD’s and/or graduate degrees in economics or a related field with training in econometrics and quantitative methods. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong presentation and project management skills, and the ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
NERA provides a challenging and rewarding professional experience with competitive compensation and benefits. NERA is committed to mentoring, developing and creating opportunities for our staff. To help meet the demands of the position, we support both personal and professional growth. Elements of our program include:
• A comprehensive orientation program
• Skill enhancement training sessions including Project Management, Business Development, and Deposition training
• The support of Business Development and Marketing Managers responsible for providing tailored and strategic business development services to assist consultants in their development into testifying experts
• Formal performance evaluations
NERA will be participating in the AEA Annual Meeting virtually on January 6-7, 2022.
However, we are always interested in hearing from exceptional candidates and accept and review off-cycle applications.
If you are interested in interviewing prior to the AEA conference, please send your application materials to recruitingteam@ and indicate “Pre-AEA Candidate – (Your Name/Your School)” in the subject line.
All other applicants should apply via JOE.
• Cover Letter including geographic and/or practice area preferences
• Job Market Paper
• 3 Letters of Reference
Application deadline: November 14, 2021
To learn more about careers at NERA, please visit our website at .
- Letters of Reference
- Job Market Paper
- Cover Letter