JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: R -- Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
real estate economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
• Contribute to the team's research efforts, using public and company data to inform and quantify the impact of proposed or implemented policy changes. Conduct research to understand prior market, social, or other developments relevant to internal or external stakeholders using statistical and other recognized methods. Current projects focus on mortgages, housing affordability, green housing and mortgage products, climate change, and demographics.
• Apply research best practices to the development and ongoing improvement of forecasts, indices, and surveys, including the evaluation of Fannie Mae's products and policies.
Some of the required skills:
• 2 years of related experience, including academic research.
• An advanced degree in economics or a related field is required.
• Expertise in using statistical methods and econometric techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with data, including working with large datasets, interpret statistical findings, and draw conclusions related to research questions and the broader literature.
• Ability to work with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively towards a common goal.
• Skilled in Excel and Stata or SAS.
• Research experience in areas such as climate, demography, urban policy, housing or real estate economics.
• Experience using R.