JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021
The Burgiss Group, LLC
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Burgiss is a global, market-leading provider of data and analytics solutions for investors of private capital. At Burgiss, our mission is to deliver essential data and investment management solutions to help global investors build better private capital portfolios.
The senior researcher, reporting to the Head of Applied Research, will carry out cutting-edge research leveraging Burgiss’ unique private capital datasets, which cover all major private asset classes including private equity, private debt and private real estate.
You will have regular client contact, present in front of large audiences, and write about your ideas in a variety of formats, ranging from long-form whitepapers to short blog posts.
• Master’s degree, or above, preferably in economics, finance, or a quantitative field
• At least 3 years of experience in financial research
• Background in private capital is useful, but not required
• Experience in presenting to large audiences
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excel skills
• SQL and R/Python are highly desirable
Please submit resume, cover letter, and 2 market writing samples, long and short form, to Careers@ . Immediate need.
Burgiss is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals.
- Cover Letter
- Job Market Paper
- Research Papers