JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021
US Department of Transportation
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
C8 -- Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
H7 -- State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
L9 -- Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
R4 -- Transportation Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Join the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Office of Transportation Policy Studies and apply your economics skills to evaluating transportation challenges and policy options.
Working with a team of economists, operation research analysts, statisticians, engineers, and transportation specialists, the successful applicant will:
• Contribute to the formulation and execution of cross-cutting applied economic research, models, and tools pertaining to marginal costs, highway revenues, roadway pricing, travel demand elasticities, producer and user costs and inflation, benefits and subsidies, societal costs of roadway provision and use, and equity and efficiency issues.
• Conduct benefit and cost analysis for a variety of highway programs and projects, policy options and regulatory policies.
• Develop and apply methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of transportation data.
• Apply statistical and econometric methods to identify trends, estimate transportation indictors, make projections, and solve analytical problems.
• Visualize information; communicate results to a diverse audience; and develop materials for top management officials to help in evaluating complex policy proposals.
• Write, modify, and/or edit analytical reports that include analysis and evaluation of different technical problems, and transportation policy issues.
The FHWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US citizenship is required for this position.
- Research Papers
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below