JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Stanford, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Stanford Impact Labs is launching a Postdoctoral Fellowship Program beginning in fall of 2021, offering fellowships to young scholars committed to generating public impact through their research.
A new initiative at Stanford University, Stanford Impact Labs invests in highly-motivated teams of researchers and practitioners from government, business, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropy. These teams—impact labs—work together to generate new insights and solutions to persistent social problems.
Participating in the inaugural postdoctoral fellowship program are three social science labs tackling some of the most challenging social problems including:
- Deep polarization in our politics, with the Polarization and Social Change Lab, led by Professor of Sociology, Psychology, and Organizational Behavior, Robb Willer;
- Barriers to productive immigration, and police violence and abuse, with the Poverty, Violence and Governance Lab, led by Professor of Political Science, Beatriz Magaloni;
- Gender and racial inequity in the workplace, with the VMWare Women’s Leadership Innovation Lab, led by Professor of Sociology and Organizational Behavior, Shelley Correll.
For more details about the program, participating labs, and to apply, please visit:
Deadline: March 1, 2021
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- CV: Provide a curriculum vitae of no more than 5 pages
- Letter of interest explaining your motivation to become a postdoc with the respective research Lab through the Stanford Impact Labs fellowship program (500 words max)
- Short responses to the following three prompts, in 300 words or less for each:
a. Please provide a short description of your dissertation research and broader research agenda.
b. How does your research training and expertise prepare you to make progress towards understanding and identifying practical solutions to social problems?
c. In what ways have you contributed towards and/or demonstrated a commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity through your academic career, and how do you plan to advance these commitments professionally?
- One representative writing sample