JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021
Western Illinois University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Macomb, Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Full-time, non-tenure-track faculty appointment. A minimum teaching load of 4/3 is required. Primary teaching needs are at the Macomb campus, including livestream and online courses, in the areas of financial health, financial management, portfolio management. Preferred candidates will demonstrate the ability to teach introductory economics classes. Service activities are encouraged, including interactions with external business constituencies and student engagement activities.
Required Qualifications: Earned Master's in Finance, MBA with a Finance concentration, or closely related graduate degree, and recent professional experience (corporate finance, investment, or banking) are both required. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and familiarity with finance-relevant technology.
Graduate degree from an AACSB-accredited university.
Academic preparation in finance, as well as intermediate-level economics.
Professional experience in corporate finance, investment, or banking. Finance related professional certification (e.g., CFA)
Classroom teaching experience
Experience with technology-driven course delivery, including video conferencing and online methods
For a degree to be considered, it must be conferred from a regionally accredited degree-granting institution of higher education (or equivalent from an international accrediting body). Unless otherwise stated, the degree must be "in hand" at the time of application.
For more information visit .
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Link
1) a letter of application
2) current curriculum vita or resume
3) the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three current professional references
4) a separate statement regarding your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
5) copies of recent teaching evaluations (if available)
6) copies of unofficial academic transcripts; official transcripts will be required for the selected candidate
7) professional certifications or credentials (as applicable)
Please upload the requested documents at