JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Arlington, Virginia, UNITED STATES
Rockville, Maryland, UNITED STATES
Austin, Texas, UNITED STATES
Waltham, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
Chicago, Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Please apply using the following link:
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is currently seeking an Education Economist to join our growing domestic Learning Supports program area with a focus on early childhood development, special education, English Learners, and multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS). This position can be remote or located out of any of AIR's U.S. offices.
- Develop conceptual frameworks that guide project work.
- Manage and analyze large-scale data files for research.
- Apply appropriate quantitative techniques to collect and analyze data.
- Organize and document analytic results and research procedures.
- Prepare technical reports and journal articles and present findings to clients, professional associations and the public.
- Assist in developing and drafting new research proposals.
- Mentor research analysts, share approaches to solving concrete problems, and provide feedback on the work of others.
- Manage or lead projects or tasks, with assumption of greater responsibility over time.
- Serve as client contact for analytical or statistical expertise.
- A Ph.D. in economics with expertise in econometrics or applied statistics.
- Able to apply advanced statistical methods, and able to communicate effectively about these methods to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly proficient in STATA or R, and open to learning new statistical tools as required by different projects.
- Knowledge or experience with the analysis of large-scale data sets, and experimental and quasi-experimental designs.
- Prior quantitative research on policy-relevant topics in education using advanced methods such as fixed effects, regression discontinuity, or instrumental variables.
- Interest and expertise in content related to early childhood, special education, English learners or MTSS preferred.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below