JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
University of California, Davis
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Davis, California, UNITED STATES
D4 -- Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
H -- Public Economics
H2 -- Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
H7 -- State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
I -- Health, Education, and Welfare
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
K -- Law and Economics
K2 -- Regulation and Business Law
K4 -- Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
L -- Industrial Organization
L5 -- Regulation and Industrial Policy
Q -- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
Q1 -- Agriculture
Q5 -- Environmental Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Two-year postdoctoral scholar positions in the economics of cannabis markets and regulations. The research program is led by Professor Daniel A. Sumner. Postdocs will conduct empirical research leading to important contributions in leading academic journals. Postdocs will have access to unique confidential data sets made available by cannabis regulators. Research will relate to broad topics, including:
1. Economics of the cannabis industry: Location, structure, and organization.
2. Economic impacts of cannabis regulations on the legal and illegal markets.
3. Market prices for licensed and unlicensed cannabis.
4. Effects of cannabis tax structures and rates.
5. Environmental impacts of cannabis cultivation as affected by licensed and unlicensed cannabis farm production.
We have a rolling application process. Positions may be filled sooner than January 31.
- Research Papers
- Cover Letter