JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Newark, Delaware, UNITED STATES
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
L -- Industrial Organization
M -- Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The R&D Data Science group at Air Liquide has an opening for a Data Science Intern for Advanced Doctoral Candidates in Economics. The intern will have the opportunity to work with large datasets generated while serving more than one million industrial customers. Excellent candidates who demonstrate impactful research may be offered a permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business units to generate insights on our customers using a wide variety of statistical methods and models.
- Publish research in internal reports, at conferences and peer-reviewed journals
- ABD in Economics with field specialization in two of the following three areas: Empirical Industrial Organizations, Computational Economics, Applied Microeconomics and Econometrics. You must have passed your generals and oral exam.
- Experience with structural estimations and model development
- Experience, or strong desire to learn, managing large datasets
- Programming skills in Python
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and international team
- Two reference letters
- Research work of limited scope demonstrating relevant technical capabilities
The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship for the internship.
- Research Papers
- Letters of Reference