JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
California State University, Long Beach
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Long Beach, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Assistant Professor of Latina/O Political Economy 2622
Recruitment Number: 2622
Effective Date: August 17, 2021
For the full job description please see
• Ph.D. in Chicana/o Studies, Latina/o Studies, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Sociology, Urban Planning, Urban Studies, or related field from an accredited institution.
• Evidence of ability to conduct economic analyses and applied research using quantitative methods (singularly or in mixed-methods approaches) on one or more issues impacting the well-being of Latinx population.
• Evidence of ability to analyze the economic consequences of social policies and to develop policy recommendations to improve the economic conditions affecting the well-being of Latinx populations.
• Evidence of ability or potential to apply critical theories informed by an understanding of the history of federal, state, and local policies that have created and sustained inequitable economic outcomes for racial and ethnic minority communities, including women, immigrants, and other social groups.
• Evidence of ability or potential to teach and create lower-division and upper-division courses focused on economic theories and concepts, quantitative analysis, and applied research in the Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies Department and/or related disciplines.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- External Application Link