JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Federal Housing Finance Agency
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: District of Columbia, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Financial Analyst, EL-1160-12
Division of Housing Mission and Goals
Office of Financial Analysis, Modeling and Simulations
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), an independent agency in the executive branch of the federal government, is seeking to fill the position of Financial Analyst in the Office of Financial Analysis, Modeling and Simulations.
(OFAMS) provides quantitative analytical support for the Agency's development of housing policy; participates in policy projects outlined in the Conservatorship Scorecard; and monitors and reports on historical and projected financial performance and key business and risk metrics of the regulated entities and counterparties to the regulated entities.
The Office of Financial Analysis, Modeling and Simulations (OFAMS) conducts financial analyses and credit risk modeling and simulations to assess the financial strength of the Enterprises and to support Agency's credit policy initiatives. The Single-Family credit modeling team in OFAMS develops and maintains the FHFA Mortgage Analytics Platform (FMAP) to forecast the Enterprise's loan performance and credit losses.
Conducts research and analysis of financial market conditions, mortgage market conditions, and regulated entity financial performance to provide support for proposed FHFA's mission, policies and regulations
- Compiles and analyzes financial data and risk metrics to assess the condition and performance of the regulated entities
- Monitors, reviews, and evaluates developments occurring within the financial markets or with other financial institutions.
- Validates and reconciles financial and mortgage loan data from the regulated entities and external sources.
- Contributes to presentations of analysis to FHFA management, colleagues, other FHFA offices, and the regulated entities, and provides support to senior financial analysts preparing presentations. Provides analysis and information in support of agency testimony or other publicly released information.
Qualifying experience for the GS/EL-12 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-11/EL-11 which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Examples of specialized experience include the following: Experience collecting, cleaning, and validating loan-level data, building loan performance panel dataset for model estimation for a financial Institution.
Experience using SAS, MATLAB, STATA, R, Python, SQL to analyze performance of a financial institution.
Experience analyzing and modeling residential mortgage default, loss severity, prepayment.
Salary ranges from $96,835 - $161,620 commensurate with experience.
FHFA provides excellent benefits.
For more information about the FHFA, visit our website at
Application deadline: June 22, 2020
U.S. Citizenship Required
FHFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- External Application Link