JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (CUNY SPH)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
I1 -- Health
I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Position Title: Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Health Policy and Management
Job ID: 21674
Compensation: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Closing Date: Open until filled
Faculty Vacancy Announcement:
The Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (CUNY SPH) is dedicated to providing cutting-edge graduate degree programs and to identifying, designing, implementing and evaluating public health initiatives that contribute to population well-being and social justice. GSPHHP faculty members are recognized leaders in health policy, health care management, community health, global and immigrant health, epidemiology and biostatistics, environmental health, and public health informatics, among other areas. Faculty and students are actively engaged in promoting healthy cities in a healthy world. The GSPHHP is located in a new vertical campus in the heart of Harlem in New York City.
We are seeking a tenured or tenure-track faculty at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level in Health Policy and Management who will provide strategic leadership in a dynamic and growing school to help shape the future public health policy and management curriculum, research and practice in New York City and beyond. We are particularly interested in those who have a versatile background and record of scholarly accomplishment in the fields of health, behavioral and developmental economics.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Teach graduate courses in public health economics, behavioral and developmental economics, health systems and management, organizational management, finance and financial planning, people strategy, workforce development, social impact, among others.
• Mentor master’s and doctoral students.
• Contribute to the School’s vision of social justice.
• Publish high-impact research in public health, policy, and management sciences.
• Seek and obtain extramural funding with trans-disciplinary research teams.
• Participate and lead in Department, School and University committees and events.
• Collaborate with faculty and administration in the development and implementation of new programs
Ph.D., DrPH, Sc.D. or equivalent degree is required.
A preferred candidate should have:
• Doctorate in public health, economics or related field
• A vision for policy innovation and social impact
• Demonstrated track record of excellence in teaching graduate-level courses
• Experience in mentoring graduate students and supervising doctoral students
• Evidence of independence and autonomy in scholarship
• An outstanding publication record in public health and allied fields
• Active portfolio of extramurally funded research
• Demonstrated track record and commitment to applied research
• Expertise in health, behavioral and/or developmental economics
• An entrepreneurial spirit keen on helping to build a growing public school of public health
• Demonstrated contribution to team building and organizational productivity
• Commitment to excellence in public education
How to Apply:
• Go to and click on "Employment"
• Click "Search job listings"
• Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
• Search by Job Opening ID 21674
• Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Applications, including the following, must be uploaded to the CUNYfirst job application website:
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum Vitae
Open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Job Search Category:
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
- External Application Link