JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Precision Agriculture for Development
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: O1 -- Economic Development
Full Text of JOE Listing:
PAD is a rapidly scaling global non-profit that harnesses the power of technology, data science and behavioral economics to provide targeted information to farmers in developing countries.
PAD Researcher will:
- Work closely with PAD scientific advisors, PAD researchers, and other affiliated researchers to coauthor journal articles, working papers, and policy briefs based on A/B tests and RCTs conducted by PAD and its partners
- Present research and represent PAD at relevant conferences and other outreach events.
- Develop new research ideas that support Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD)’s programs and partners across geographies through research projects.
- Oversee the lifecycle of research projects including development, proposal implementation, and review and management stages.
- Provide guidance to PAD’s field teams to design and carry out exploratory research, A/B tests, evaluations, and data analysis
- Provide oversight to Research Assistants, Research Managers, and Data Managers across PAD geographies.
- Ensure data quality remains high and that documentation for research projects is properly maintained.
- Develop or contribute substantially to proposal applications for prospective funders and partners, alongside other PAD team members.
- Contribute to grant and funder reporting requirements.
- Contribute to general management tasks important for PAD’s functioning and success
- External Application URL and Instructions Below