JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
The MacroDyn Group
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
About The MacroDyn Group
The MacroDyn Group is an economic and technical consultancy based in Washington, DC. Our outstanding professional team of expert economists, policy professionals, analytical modelers, and data scientists are drawn from backgrounds in government, business, industry, and academia. MDG’s core Washington DC team is augmented by our international network of eminent researchers and subject-matter specialists from some of the world’s leading research institutions, enabling us to assemble project teams with targeted expertise.
We specialize in economic research and analysis, policy development and analysis, cutting-edge economic and empirical modeling, and advice and guidance on complex economic and policy matters with insights driven by decades of experience advising the highest levels of government and business in the US and around the world. We also design and implement capacity-building programs for many of our clients, in which we partner with them in longer term engagements designed to build capacity in economic, policy, and/or technical analysis, including through staff training, organizational development, and talent acquisition. Additionally, we provide clients with the option to effectively outsource an economic and technical functionality, providing a flexibility in resource commitment that aligns with natural variation in internal and external demand sources.
About the Position
The Manager works with a team of professionals from a variety of fields to create and deliver economic and policy analysis, technical assistance, and a range of analytical services. The Manager is responsible for independently designing, creating, and testing economic and statistical models, and managing junior associates as they complete background research, gather data, and write draft analyses. A qualified applicant will be versatile with simulation, empirical, and/or data science techniques and applications, including in emerging fields like machine learning, big data analysis, and predictive analysis. An essential component of the Manager’s job is communicating analytical findings to clients and to an internal team of consultants to incorporate quantitative results into broader research projects.
• PhD in economics, statistics, mathematics, data science, or related quantitative field
• Proficiency in a statistical or economic modeling package, such as STATA, MATLAB, GAMS, or GEMPACK
• Strong writing skills and a demonstrated ability to synthesize modeling results and methodologies in written and oral reports
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to independently solve complex economics and modeling problems
• 2-5 years of post-PhD work experience in full-time economic research, consulting, or a related quantitative field
• Experience with CGE modeling, GAMS, or GEMPACK will be strongly considered
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Professional development, including opportunities to learn about various economic and empirical modeling techniques and policy analysis from recognized leaders in these fields.
- Application Instructions Below