JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Dakar, SENEGAL
Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
D -- Microeconomics
Q -- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an experienced Senior Researcher and Leader to provide intellectual and managerial leadership for its Africa Region Office. This position will be based at either IFPRI’s region office in Dakar, Senegal or Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, or at IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., and will require international travel.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the different areas and capacity building-related activities in the regional office research portfolio and within the broader context of IFPRI’s Strategy.
• Manage the regional office research portfolio by ensuring quality control of research and communication outputs and delivery for all capacity building related activities.
• Mobilize financial resources to ensure that adequate resources are available to support research, capacity building and communication in the Africa region.
• Interact with senior experts during international scientific conferences and with high-level policymakers and stakeholders (researchers, academicians, policy makers, local partners) in the Africa region.
• Design and organize capacity-strengthening programs for different stakeholders in the region.
• Lead regional office staff to reach established strategic goals and ensure staff members are treated in a fair, equitable and supportive manner.
• As a member of the SMT, participate in shaping the overall direction of IFPRI through activities such as setting research priorities, developing short and long-term goals, and developing management policies.
• PhD in Agricultural Economics, Social Science, or closely related field.
• Minimum of twelve years of post-Ph.D research experience on policy issues related to agricultural and rural development with internationally recognized publications.
• At least 10 years of formal/informal management experience.
• Proven track record in raising funds to support research in the areas of food policy, agriculture and rural development.
• Proven expertise in leading collaborative and cross-cutting research.
• Knowledge of and experience working in developing countries and establishing networks among such countries.
• Experience in partnership and collaboration with leading African continental and regional organizations
• Demonstrated research experience in policy analysis and policy recommendations.
• Demonstrated experience in effective interactions in a multicultural setting with other researchers and with policymakers, donors, and civil society, facilitating impact of research & capacity strengthening.
• Excellent leadership and team-building skills.
• Excellent skills in both verbal and written English.
• Willingness and ability to frequently travel internationally.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
For more information about IFPRI, please visit our website at .