JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Chester, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G1 -- Asset Markets and Pricing
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Widener University's School of Business Administration (SBA), which is accredited by AACSB-International, invites applications for a tenure-track position in economics at the rank of Assistant Professor starting August 2020. Faculty will primarily teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Economics. In addition, the ability to teach courses in financial economics related areas is desired. Candidates should have the ability and interest to engage in high quality research in economics and a willingness to commit to leadership activities, academic and professional service.
Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
• Teach a range of graduate and undergraduate courses.
• Normally teach three courses per semester which may be in the face-to-face, online or hybrid deliveries.
• Contribute to the school through teaching, research and service (including leadership activities in the university, the community, or the profession).
Minimum Qualifications: (Education/Training and Experience Required):
The ideal candidate will
• Have a Ph.D. in Economics from an AACSB accredited business program by the date of appointment. ABD candidates will be considered with a planned completion date by December 2020.
• Meet the requirements of AACSB for Scholarly Academic.
• Special consideration given to candidates with the expertise and ability to teach in one or more of the following areas of macroeconomics, microeconomics, intermediate economics and financial institutions and financial markets- related courses at the graduate level.
• Ability and interest in integrating Bloomberg and applications of “Big Data” in the curriculum.
• Commitment to excellence in teaching and innovative curriculum development.
• Commitment to leadership and service activities.
Applicants must submit a brief application, cover letter, C.V. three reference letters, official transcripts and teaching evaluations (if available). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted. To apply, please visit
Deadline for submitting applications is November 15, 2019. Position will remain open until filled.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation, and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive University, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law School located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the University, please visit our website at