JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
University of Wisconsin – River Falls
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: River Falls, Wisconsin, UNITED STATES
00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
D -- Microeconomics
M -- Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The University of Wisconsin River Falls
The College of Business & Economics is currently seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Professor of Economics. The position is a full-time tenure-track faculty position. Areas of teaching include microeconomics, statistics, international trade and/or business analytics courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Other responsibilities include advising students, service on department, college and university committees, and scholarly research (at the level appropriate for an AACSB-accredited institution).
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong interest and ability to teach courses in Economics at the undergraduate and graduate levels, develop curriculum and participate in assessment, maintain an active research agenda in Economics, advise upper-level majors, and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession. Opportunities exist for optional summer employment through teaching, research grants, and other funding sources. Anticipated appointment date: August 24, 2020.
The complete position description can be seen at the UWRF Employment Website link at
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
Only applications submitted through will be considered. Those applications must include:
1. A letter of interest detailing exactly how your qualifications and experience fit with the needs stated above (upload under ‘cover letter’).
2. A curriculum vitae
3. Teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching effectiveness
4. Sample research paper (upload under ‘writing sample’)
5. Description of research agenda (upload under ‘other document’)
6. Unofficial transcript (official copies will be required if hired)
7. The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references who can specifically comment upon your teaching ability, and research potential (upload under ‘references’).
Materials not submitted through cannot be considered.
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Logan Kelly, Ph.D.