JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
ndp | analytics
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
D0 -- General
E0 -- General
G0 -- General
I0 -- General
J0 -- General
L0 -- General
M0 -- General
O0 -- General
Q0 -- General
R0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
ndp | analytics, an economic research firm, seeks a researcher who is passionate about economic research, public policy, and fact-driven projects. The ideal candidate can analyze data to tell compelling stories.
• Searching, collecting, and organizing economic/financial data from official/third-party sources. Creating databases with data from multiple sources; identifying and resolving data issues. Analyzing data and presenting findings in charts.
• Reviewing and synthesizing academic literature, trade publications, and government reports.
• Conducting industry and market research on a variety of topics.
• Writing and editing key research deliverables such as papers, briefs, and infographics.
• Strategic planning and management of multiple projects.
• 2-5 years of hands-on experience with economic consulting/quantitative research.
• 2- 5 years of writing and editing economic research and/or communication materials.
• Familiarity with data from the Census Bureau, BLS, Bureau of Economic Analysis, World Bank, IMF, Fed, and statistical publications.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in economics or related field. (position is not suitable for data science/analytic candidates.)
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong understanding of public policies, economics, data, and analytics.
• Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Application Instructions Below