JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A1 -- General Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
About the Company:
Compass Lexecon, one of the world's leading economic consulting firms, specializes in financial and economic analysis of issues that arise in regulatory, policy and litigation matters. Compass Lexecon has been engaged by Fortune 500 corporations, government entities, and others to assist in numerous high profile mergers, government investigations, and private litigation matters in the United States and worldwide. Compass Lexecon provides state of the art economic research capabilities that combine the academic, private-sector, and public-sector expertise of in-house economists and academic affiliates.
About the Opportunity:
Compass Lexecon is currently seeking full-time candidates for the Vice President position in our Boston office.
Vice Presidents are responsible for supervising and directing teams of junior staff; developing and overseeing the implementation of complex analyses; drafting written work product, including expert reports, white papers, and presentations; and serving as a liaison between testifying experts and clients.
Qualified candidates must have a Ph.D. or master’s degree in economics, statistics, or a related field; strong analytical and quantitative skills; and demonstrated experience managing projects in economic consulting, litigation support, or a related field.
- Assisting with the formulation of elements of case strategy, including developing economic, financial, and econometric models
- Drafting significant portions of expert reports, white papers, and presentations
- Collaborating with expert witnesses and other senior staff
- Managing projects on a day-to-day basis, including supervising and advising teams of junior staff
- Managing elements of client relationships, including communicating results and implications of complex analyses and responding to client requests
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ph.D. or master’s degree in economics, statistics, or a related field
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop creative approaches to complex problem
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to delegate and manage project teams effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing client engagements
- External Application Link