JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Vienna School of International Studies
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Vienna, AUSTRIA
00 -- Default: Any Field
F0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Vienna School of International Studies (Diplomatische Akademie Wien, École des Hautes Études Internationales de Vienne) is among the world’s oldest professional schools in international affairs. It is dedicated to research and teaching excellence with a special focus on multi-disciplinarity. It has a small resident faculty and attracts highly reputable adjunct faculty from all over the world. The small student body, too, is truly international. The School offers two interdisciplinary Masters programmes, a graduate diploma programme, and a doctoral programme. It is an autonomous institution established under Austrian public law and co-operates with the University of Vienna, the Technical University of Vienna as well as other high-profile partners in Europe and the world.
The School seeks to appoint a Professor of International Economics. The Professor will hold the International Economics Chair, and, therefore, oversee the quality of Economics courses as well as the recruitment and induction of teaching staff in this discipline both from inside and outside our School.
The successful candidate is expected to represent the field in its full breadth of theoretical and methodological approaches. The position is open with respect to candidates’ specialisation.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree, ‘Habilitation’ (venia docendi) or an international equivalent demonstrated by a distinguished record of research and teaching, and an excellent command of the English language.
- Outstanding achievements in research, including an excellent publication record and international reputation.
- Enthusiasm for first-rate teaching, teaching experience as well as willingness and ability to teach graduate students and supervise their research.
- Determination to strengthen research and teaching excellence in the field of International Economics at our School.
- Embeddedness in international networks as well as willingness and ability to design and manage research projects.
The appointment, starting 1 October 2020, will initially be for three years. In the second year, the appointee will be considered for a permanent appointment. In the case of senior applicants, other arrangements may be considered.
- Application Instructions Below