JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: F -- International Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Senior Research Scholar – Oil Markets
Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs
Center on Global Energy Policy
The Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) seeks a Senior Research Scholar for a major research initiative on global oil markets. The position will report to the Center’s Director. Successful execution will require generating original research, managing external research projects and communicating research findings clearly and concisely to a range of audiences in a manner that maximizes policy impact, as well as contributing to the University’s wider research and convening efforts.
• Graduate degree (PhD, JD, MBA, or master's) in energy, economics, public policy, foreign policy, international
affairs, or national security, and high-level, relevant professional experience.
• Substantial experience in energy policy and global oil and commodity markets.
• Extensive knowledge of energy economics, international relations, public policy institutions, and related policy
• A proven record of successful engagement at senior levels and the ability to achieve consensus and interact
effectively with multiple high-level stakeholders.
• Strong communication skills and an ability to build support amongst partners for better policies, on the basis of
• Proven track record of written research.
• Applicants for Senior Research Scholar must have achieved distinction as a researcher in a relevant field.
For the full job description and to submit an application please visit:
Screening of the candidates will begin immediately and the search will remain open no less than 30 days from the date of posting and continue until filled. For further information, please contact Jesse McCormick, Executive Director of Strategy and Operations, Center on Global Energy Policy, at jmccormick@ .
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applications from women and individuals from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below