JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is a premier research and teaching institution set up by the Reserve Bank of India, for the study of national and international development issues from an economic perspective. Governed by an eminent board, the institute faculty makes notable contributions to academic research and policy making. The Institute, a deemed to be university, offers M.Sc. degree in Economics, and M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees in Development Studies. For more details, kindly visit the Institute web site,
The Institute wishes to recruit Assistant Professors / Associate Professors with specialization in: macroeconomics, international economics, energy/environment economics, finance, development economics, industry, agriculture, international trade, labour markets, econometrics and microeconomics.
I. Post: Assistant Professor
1. One should have a Ph.D., with a very good academic record throughout, with excellent publications.
2. Candidates with at least three years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching experience, may be considered for appointment on a contractual basis with a basic pay mapped at Level 12 Cell No. 1 (INR 1,01,500) and a total gross salary of INR 1,21,744/- (excluding HRA) as per 07th cpc.
3. Candidates with less than three years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching experience may be considered for appointment on a contractual basis. At the entry level they may be placed with a basic pay mapped at Level 10 Cell No. 8 (INR 70,900/-) and a total gross salary of INR 87,472/-(excluding HRA) and shall move after 1 year to Level 11 Cell No. 3 (INR 73,100/-) and a total gross salary of INR 89,936/-(excluding
HRA) as per 7th cpc.
II. Post: Associate Professor
1. One should have a Ph.D., with a very good academic record throughout, with excellent publications, and must possess at least six years of research/teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
2. Chosen candidates will be placed at an appropriate scale based on their experience, with a basic pay not less than Level 13 A2 Cell No. 1 INR 1,39,600/- and a total gross salary of INR 1,64,416/- (excluding HRA) as per 7th cpc.
1. This is a rolling advertisement and interested applicants are encouraged to apply for positions throughout the year.
2. The reservation policy as per Government of India rules will be applicable.
3. The Institute provides accommodation on campus, subject to availability. HRA is payable in lieu of campus accommodation as per Institute norms.
4. The Institute provides excellent perquisites, like:
(i) Group medical, group term insurance, PF etc, (Not applicable for position 3).
(ii) A three-year block research grant of INR 4 Lakhs, plus an additional INR 1 Lakh for Assistant Professor with less than 3 years of experience.
5. Those considered for visiting appointment on contractual basis, are also eligible for block research grant as well as accommodation on campus, subject to availability.
6. Mere fulfillment of the qualifications and experience requirement laid down does not entitle a candidate to be shortlisted.
7. Candidates shortlisted for the seminars will be reimbursed apex air fare by economy class from the place of their residence and back by the shortest route (Applicable only for domestic).
8. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- Application Instructions Below
Please apply through email only with a CV indicating details of educational qualifications, experience and publications and three references to:
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research,Mumbai-400 065.
Email : jobs@
Please mention in your CV if you have responded to our earlier advertisements.