JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Job Duration: This role is for a minimum of two years and no more than three year term.
With a high level of expertise and independence, assists staff economists and policy advisors with advanced research activities, including research for internal and external Bank publications and work related to the FOMC briefing process. Uses advanced statistical computer programs to examine and solve economic questions, writes and adjusts programs as necessary. Independently proposes, develops, researches and writes articles for internal and external Bank publications.
- Provides high level research support to economists and policy advisors through both the rigorous analysis of economic and financial data and sophisticated conceptual analysis of research topics and methodologies. Effectively communicates analysis to coworkers.
- Develops and manages economic and financial databases to provide expert advice to economists and policy advisors regarding data characteristics and relationships. Performs advanced computer programming and initiates complex statistical analysis. Uses advanced statistical computer programs to investigate longer-term economic structural issues and independently research topics.
- Independently proposes, develops, researches and writes articles for internal and external Bank publications.
- Responds to outside inquiries. This may include giving presentations and supporting the writing of official Bank speeches and presentations given by Research staff.
- Analyzes developments in field of expertise and works closely with economists and policy advisors to draw conclusions about implications for outlook and economy.
- Continually enhances professional development by developing and maintaining extensive knowledge – both theoretical and practical – in field of expertise. Attends and participates in training, research seminars and outside conferences.
- PhD candidate in Economics, Finance or Statistics
- Two to Five years preferred
Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses:
- Economics or Finance
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Advanced Statistical programming
- Advanced computer programming
- Advanced economics writing
- Application Instructions Below