JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Nagoya University of Commerce and Business
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Nisshin, Aichi, JAPAN
JEL Classification: M -- Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
Human Resource Management
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Nagoya University of Commerce & Business seeks 2-3 highly motivated, collegial, responsible and academically-oriented faculty members to join the expanding Global Bachelor of Business Administration Degree Program under the Faculty of Management. The positions will be at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant Professor. Start Date: April 1st 2020
Preference will be given to experienced teachers with an interest in developing and extending their research interests and conducting courses in one or more of the following areas: Management, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, CSR, Human Resource Management, Leadership, and Business Law. Applicants who demonstrate knowledge and experience of using the case and field study methods will have a distinct advantage.
• Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
• Holidays in line with normal Japanese university conventions
• Excellent benefits package including private health insurance, a generous research budget and (with approval) a dedicated work day for research activities
• Airfare for a single one-way ticket to Nagoya, Japan from one’s home country and assistance in obtaining a Japanese work visa.
- Application Instructions Below
Applications should be sent by PDF to the Office of International Faculty Recruitment. Our email address is hr@
Application Deadline: December 1st 2019
Applications meeting the stated minimum requirements will be reviewed upon receipt. Furthermore, applicants who meet the stated criteria will be contacted and invited for an interview in English (either in person, or by Skype for overseas candidates) and possibly a teaching demonstration (in person if in Japan, or by video if overseas).