JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
I.M. Systems Group
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Q2 -- Renewable Resources and Conservation
Full Text of JOE Listing:
I.M. Systems Group, Inc, a contractor for NOAA located in Silver Spring MD, seeks an economist who will support natural resource damage assessments for cases involving oil and chemical spills, and chronic contamination due to hazardous materials. The successful candidate will represent NOAA on trustee councils, and provide economic expertise to pursue and resolve natural resource damage claims, potential litigation, and liability. The candidate will also conduct research and methods development in ecosystem services valuation, and provide technical support for policy initiatives. Occasional domestic travel may be required for this position.
● Master’s or PhD in economics, preferably in one or more of the following sub-disciplines:
environmental, natural resource, or agricultural economics; environmental policy with an emphasis in quantitative economic analysis
● Strong communication skills.
● Strong computer and analytical skills
● Self-motivated, energetic, strategic thinker.
● US Citizenship required.
● Experience in valuing natural resources and environmental goods and services
● Knowledge of damage assessment procedures mandated by the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, and
the Oil Pollution Act.
● Experience working in litigation or consulting on interdisciplinary teams
A technical writing sample is required. Send to Michael Dial at dialm@ .
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- External Application Link