JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: B4 -- Economic Methodology
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Thought Leadership Team consists of a group of economists, who leverage capacity by partnering with external research institutes, think tanks, and staff across the WBG. Team members typically work on engagements of 6-12 months duration on specific topics. The Economist would work as part of 1 or 2 engagement teams at any one time. Research Assistant support for each team.
Duties & Accountabilities
• Undertake literature reviews, data analysis, and conduct research based on IFC and external data sources.
• Write short, non-technical case studies and topic notes for the EMCompass series.
• Contribute chapters, boxes to longer reports.
• Manage research activities, including engagement with external research partners and consultants.
• Supervise a research assistant.
• Provide ideas to the thought leadership team to advance IFC’s thought leadership agenda.
• PhD in Economics; or a Masters degree with strong economics content and demonstrated research ability.
• Work experience in private enterprise and/or private finance.
• Strong research and analytical skills. Familiarity with statistical packages preferred.
• Well-organized and responsive; able to multi-task and deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent writing skills in English. Additional languages skills accepted.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- External Application Link
Additional Information For Applicants:
Deadline to apply is March 29, 2019 (11:59 pm UTC time)Apply for this job (link)