JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Eastern New Mexico University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Portales, New Mexico, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A -- General Economics and Teaching
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The College of Business at Eastern New Mexico University seeks candidates for an appointment as a full-time Assistant Professor of Economics. This is a residential appointment starting in August 2019, with the candidate expected to relocate to the Portales, New Mexico area. The college provides quality, student focused business education preparing individuals for professional careers, graduate studies, and lifelong learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should be qualified to teach a variety of courses in the area of Economics at the undergraduate (BBA) and graduate level (MBA).
Faculty responsibilities include:
• Teach (12 credit hour load) each semester in face-to-face, lecture-capture and/or web platforms.
• Evening classes may be assigned.
• Develop new curriculum and assessment rubrics to support program learning outcomes.
• Provide advising for undergraduate students (residential and distance students).
• Serve on departmental and university committees.
• Develop appropriate scholarly activity commensurate with rank and experience. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A doctorate in Economics or other closely related field is preferred (with at least 15 graduate hours in Economics), though ABD with teaching experience in university level economics will be considered.
- External Application Link
Additional Information For Applicants:
Review of applications will begin mid-April. Position will stay open until filledApply for this job (link)