JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Iowa State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Ames, Iowa, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A -- General Economics and Teaching
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Economics at Iowa State University seeks to fill a term faculty position in economics at rank of the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer. The successful candidate will be expected to teach 4 or 5 courses per year, advise approximately 120 undergraduate economics majors, and support student clubs and/or undergraduate student research experiences.
Teaching opportunities include introductory and intermediate economic theory courses as well as advanced electives. This position is administered in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
The Department of Economics, with approximately 40 tenured or tenure-track faculty, has a long tradition of excellence in education, research, and engagement with the community. Our undergraduate program is the academic home to over 600 students in three different majors. Our graduate program offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in economics and agricultural economics, and places graduates in vital positions in academia, government, and industry throughout the world. Faculty research covers a broad spectrum ranging from theoretical analyses to applied policy studies, and increasingly including multidisciplinary work conducted in collaboration with experts in many other fields.
The University is in the process of implementing a policy change to allow academic departments to offer rank within a “Teaching Professor” track. The impending change is expected to be completed by Fall 2019. Any faculty member hired through this posting may be assigned the new title/rank upon the employment start date (and after the initial offer), commensurate with qualifications required for the rank as of August 2019.
Required Education and Experience:
* M.S. in economics, agricultural economics or related field
* Demonstrated capacity for teaching courses at the college level
* For consideration at the Senior Lecturer level, in addition to the above, a candidate must have six years of college-level teaching experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* PhD in economics, agricultural economics or related field
* Experience teaching undergraduate-level economics courses
* Experience advising college students
* Experience supervising undergraduate research
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- External Application Link