JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: E5 -- Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We are looking for Economists to join our Team. This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies to influence the design and implementation of monetary policy and financial instruments on the Algorand Blockchain. Economists at Algorand will also have the opportunity to work designing new markets with our ecosystem partners in multiple industries.
You will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
* As part of the Team, our Economists focus on one of more of the following areas:
-Macroeconomics, Time Series, and International Economics: Design and analyze monetary policy targets for the Algorand cryptocurrency. Build forecasting models predicting the value of the Algorand cryptocurrency against fiat and other digital currencies.
- Finance: Design and implement financial instruments on the Algorand blockchain.
- Market Design and Industrial Organization: Work together with our industry partners to create new markets that are enabled by the existence of a scalable, secure, and decentralized distributed ledger.
* Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally.
Requirements & Qualifications
* Masters in Economics, Finance, Business, or a related technical field is required; PhD preferred (level and depth of responsibilities will be adjusted, as appropriate)
* Expertise and demonstrated experience in one or more of the following fields: Time Series Econometrics, Asset Pricing, Corporate Finance, Market Design, Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, International Economics
* Solid mathematics training, highly capable of abstract thinking and modeling
* Proficiency in Python, R, or a comparable scripting language
* Industry or Policy (e.g., consulting firms, government or international institutions, financial firms) experience preferred
* Good written communication and ability to communicate technical information with a wide variety of audiences
* Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment