JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Naval Postgraduate School
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Monterey, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Z -- Other Special Topics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Analytics and Modeling
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor
Defense Analysis Department
Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA
The Department of Defense Analysis at the Naval Postgraduate School is seeking to fill a tenure-track position, open as to rank, in operational modeling and analytical decision-making methods. The preferred candidate will have teaching experience at the undergraduate level, at a minimum, and a publication record in deterministic and stochastic modeling, and either data analytics or game theory, preferably with defense-relevant applications. The candidate must have an interest in interdisciplinary research and willingness to work with a cross-disciplinary faculty in the areas of irregular warfare, campaign design, network analysis, operational art, and strategic decision-making. Evidence of the ability to pursue a program of innovative research and a strong commitment to and interest in graduate education is required. Position responsibilities include teaching, research, and thesis oversight.
• A Ph.D. in Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, or other related field.
• U.S. citizenship. Must be eligible for a security clearance.
• Strong publication and teaching record in the above fields.
For complete job description contact sfeverto@
- Application Instructions Below
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Three letters of recommendation (that specifically address teaching)
4. Research statement
5. Sample of a published article
6. Teaching statement
7. Teaching portfolio (should include a sample lesson, assignments,or handouts and highly recommended to include a link to a videoed teaching sample)