JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Allianz Global Investors
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
G -- Financial Economics
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
AGI is a leading global active investment manager with over $580 billion in AUM across all investment strategies in the developed world, emerging markets, single country, global, thematic, and specific sectors.
The firm’s multi-factor equity strategy harvests risk premia to provide superior risk-adjusted returns. Its investment process uses systematic, top-down, and fundamental bottom-up analysis and rigorous risk management. The team manages over $50 billion globally.
The team aims to hire an Investment Writer in San Francisco who will research and write on factor investing topics to elevate the team’s profile as a thought leader globally. The successful candidate will foster close relationships between the team’s investors and academia to create high-caliber, client-facing research for publication in leading academic journals. This person will work collaboratively with the research team as well as support the firm’s strategic distribution partners for educational and academic insights.
• High English proficiency; exceptional written communication
• Ability to distill complex ideas into digestible material
• Strong programming skills (i.e. VBA R, SAS, SQL Server, Python, C#)
• In-depth equity factor modelling experience
• PhD in Finance, Econometrics, or related field
• At least 3 published papers in peer-reviewed journals on financial or econometric topics
- Research Papers
- Job Market Paper