JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2018 - July 31, 2018
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Santa Monica, California, UNITED STATES
San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Activision is seeking an Economist capable of applying academic and business principles to test, learn, iterate, and improve in-game experiences for players as it relates to virtual currency, monetization, game design and player engagement. You'll be running field experiments, determining causal inference, modeling demand, and building simulations of complex in-game economies.
Reporting to a Senior Director with an Economics Ph.D., you’ll reside in a game development studio as part of an internal consulting team.
• Support econometric analysis of experimental and observational data
• Run field experiments to draw insights about player behavior
• Build models to forecast revenue and simulate player activity
• Develop metrics and monitor the health of a live multimillion-dollar service business
• Recent PhD in economics; may consider Master’s Degree with advanced technical experience
• Specialization in either applied econometrics, experimental economics, computational simulation/optimization
• Candidate must have ability to apply training to real-world issues, meet real-world deadlines, and work collaboratively with non-technical peers
• Love for deep, complex games
Please include a cover letter along with an updated resume.
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- External Application Link